23 September, 2013

oops - he turned one!

Oops. Did I mention that Baby Pickles has turned one?


Can't believe a whole year has been and gone. And what a year! I don't often blog about the harder, parent-y type parts of our lives, but Baby's start was a rough one, with hospital admissions and dramatic weight loss and other upsetting bits and pieces [sigh]. But we all got through it and he is now such a delightful little being, though he does like sleeping on me just that little bit too much...

So... getting back to the story, we had a pom pom party!


pom pom cake :)
 
pom pom cake, decorations, banner
pom pommed out little man, who made it to the cake cutting (pre-lunch) and didn't wake up until everyone had gone home
[Edit: for more information about the sources of inspiration for the party, please have a look at this post]

Guests got to take home a big yarm pom pom with an inspiration sheet on things to make with pom poms, bubble mix, a small tub of playdough and a lollipop (mostly for the mums and dads for the car trip home!).

The other part of the story is that guests were asked to bring a pom pom that I would the put together with all the others to make a gorgeous pom pomerrific decoration for his room... photos to follow!

Chat soon xx

ps he loves his Billy the oobee! thanks Leslie xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!