14 May, 2013

things i hope to sew soon...

So, over the past few weeks...

I have made 13 dinosaur tails.
Done monster patching on The Gherkin's jeans.
Made a cover/holder for my ergo baby carrier.
Finished replacement seatbelt covers for the kids' carseats (and in cute fabrics too - have to take some pics).

Now, it's time for some sewing for me. Here's a glimpse of some of the inspiring projects catching my attention at the moment:

by sloppop YEAH - have a lovely rose-coloured corduroy...


burdastyle casual dress 05 2012 pattern - in a wool or sweatshirt fabric?
 
marimekko MANTU - no words, really. lovely.
 nani-iro - I just know how good this would feel in one of our highland winters..
I may be able to refashion something opped/thrifted into something like this?
Now I just have to decide what's first on the list! What would you choose first? I have a whole pinterest board dedicated to sewing for me, which I rarely get to - I think I have done well to narrow it down to four projects!

Those of you in the southern hemisphere - what's on your sewing list for the cold months ahead?
And those of you seasons ahead, what was your go-to wear for your winter just passed?

I would love to beg, borrow and steal your great ideas!

Chat soon! xx
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Good on you... I was telling someone at work who has two little boys about your dinosaur party - you may have started a trend... The patterns are all lovely and I would find it hard to choose which one I liked best... Still that is all part of the fun!!! Good luck with your sewing endeavours and I look forward to seeing the results... Take care now..

AJ said...

Love that yellow skirt! Be sure to show us when you make it!

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!