11 April, 2013

trackie thursdays!

Hi!

Trackie Thursdays came about at our place when I found myself at home fulltime, without a clue of what to do with the kids every day, every week, every month... you get the idea.

So, some days became themed. We had Washing Monday, Library Tuesday, Explorer Wednesday and Trackie Thursday.

A very important day of the week, on Trackie Thursday, the rules are:
* you can wear trackies (tracksuits) all day, or
* you may prefer to wear your pyjamas
* you don't have to leave home for anything.
It's our slow day.

So, what do we do on our slow day? We play, and we try out new ideas that mummy (that is, me!) has found online and would like to give a go.  We try to go completely screen-free for the day, but this doesn't always work out.

This Trackie Thursday we did this:




I wish I could claim this as an original idea, but no, the idea came from this brilliant woman. The boys loved playing "the laser game" so much they want to play again tomorrow... think my yarn stash may be getting a work out in the weeks to come!

Would you like to join in on our Trackie Thursday? I'll be posting new favourite ideas for trackie Thursday (play and activities for boys) here each week. What are you doing with your kids or grandkids this week? Any suggestions?

Have a fun week, see you next trackie Thursday!
xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!