21 April, 2013

preparing for the dinosaur party!!!!!

So, believe it or not, our Little is turning three next week. I can't quite believe it, his babyhood has just vanished. I now am beginning to understand what people mean when they say "enjoy it dear, it all goes by so quickly". It seems it was only weeks ago that he was brand spanking new.

He is growing into a big boy and wants a dinosaur party this year. But, to be very clear, he does not want dinosaurs that Rah! coming to his party. Just the quiet ones.

So much inspiration on pinterest, it's a wonder my head just didn't pop! So many cakes, most well beyond my skill level...







And then there's all the stuff that goes with it, the games, the outfits, the party favours, the decorations, the "dessert table". I am yet to see a dessert table at a kids' party, but I am impressed that people are going to the effort. Clearly I am going to the wrong parties! Here are some other bits and pieces that caught my attention:

how cool would slime be with an itty bitty dino inside?

oh my, check out the dino biscuits (cookies)
 
want one.


So, what are we doing for our dino party?

I don't want to spoil the big reveal, but we hope to have it in the garden. The birthday boy has requested a dino treasure hunt, a dino cake and we'll probably play pass the parcel and pin the tail on the... you guessed it, dino!

Little's friends will each get a dino tail (only have a dozen to make some time in the next few days!). Very much like this one:

my big boys in their dress ups for the Gherkin's fourth birthday party last year
 
And they will also be leaving with little dino bags containing a dino stamp each, a hopping dino toy and a dino crayon.

But more on our party during the week, I have to save something for later!

Have a happy week, chat soon xx


 


2 comments:

Anna said...

looks like fun, can't wait to see your pics :) happy birthday Little! Polly is 3 in a few weeks, crazy fast!

summer pickles said...

thanks Anna, we had a ball! They grow up so quickly, don't they? xx

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!