11 January, 2011

we're here!

So, we're north of the border... home is now officially Sydney.

Photos to come, but life has been a mix of hectic manically busy and too quiet (and a wee bit lonely!). I miss my very favourite people in sunny Melbs, and miss Sydney Rd Brunswick, more than I had ever imagined. But I am hoping to find some of the things I miss about Melbourne in Sydney... I think it will all just take some time.

The boys are loving having a backyard, and spend long half-days out on the grass or on the covered deck out the back.  The gherkin is becoming a real little boy, before my eyes. The little pickle is getting chubbier (with the it seems, welcomed introduction of solids) and is on the move.

The grandparents (all within 90 minutes' drive) are very happy.

And I have an allocated sewing/crafting space. No time as yet to get it unpacked or in a useable state, but it exists. There is real promise there.

I'll pop back in later with snapshots of the boys.

Chat soon xo

ps. anyone know a good dressmaker in sydney? i want a few tops made, know exactly what shape I want, but don't have the skills to make myself (and can't find a similar pattern)...?

2 comments:

barb said...

Yay, glad the move went well. And a craft space .. well how much do I want one of those. Perhaps we should move !!
Will ask Lil Sis if she knows any dressmakers ..

Have fun unpacking.
xx

Anna said...

Wow, big move. Hope you're enjoying it, your boys are looking so big and cute!

Must be nice to be so much closer to family.

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!