06 January, 2009

a little bit of navel gazing...

Hi again!

I have been involved in some heavy duty navel gazing over the past few days What do I want for me, my life, my little clan in 2009? What do I need to do to make this happen?

1. Appreciate the two boys in my life more:

the very lovely pickles boys

2008 was such a steep learning curve! In our three weeks away from home with family & friends over chrissie, sharing the cuddles with everyone else, I missed those quiet moments we are alone together. In 2009 I will savour those moments more. I will be kinder to my gorgeous hubby. In 2009, I just want to remember to be thankful for the amazing, strong, gentle, fabulous, hilarious man in my life... and to remind myself of this when he doesn't unpack the dishwasher...

2. Find time for myself.

3. Use what I have (or use stuff that's free). Yep, 2009 is Year of the Budget. In 2009 I will:

a) menu plan

b) skype whenever possible

c) only use the fabrics already in my stash, at least until Easter 2009!

I think this is all... so far! What are your hopes and plans for 2009???

Chat soon x

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!