28 September, 2007

flashback friday!!!!

I'm back! and apologies for not fitting with the theme this week - I don't know if I have any photos of me with my littl pup Barkley (yes, after the big Barkley on Sesame Street).

Barkley was lovely - I think I was about five when we had him, and I clearly remember his smell (of course!). Barkly had that real puppy smell... a bit like you would imagine dry crumbled weetbix would smell if it were out in the sun for a while and grew warm. I love that smell! I remember creeping out the back door to visit him when he was whimpering one night (he was still spending the night in a big box at that stage)... I remember he was so hard to reach to pat! I felt as though I was going to fall into the box!

I also remember very clearly that a dalmation got into our yard one day and bit Barkley's ear. I was so worried and upset. I remember the smell of him being washed, and the smell of Dettol. He was really shaken, poor little thing. I still don't trust dalmations.

But, sadly, I have no photo to go with this story... mum/dad - do you have one at home? Can you scan one in and email it to me?

Happy flashback everyone!
xo

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!