12 June, 2007

oh dear... IT gets in the way of a good idea...

Okay, so computers are never to blame... but unfortunately no one can open the invitation to the craft group... hopefully though things have now been sorted out, so i should start to get some rsvps soonish enough...

I was trying to work out why I am so excited, and i think it is because there is a big whopping gap now for opportunities for women to get together in groups. I think back to when my mum was my age (and I was eight years old --- my goodness she was young!), and she was involved in the mothers' club in at school, and all sorts of other school community type activities. Country women have the CWA (okay, I have mentioned the CWA twice now... find out more about the national organisation here, and the NSW branch - a much better website - here). But if you are not sporty, and don't have children, it can be tricky to find a group of women (and an excuse) to just spend time with in a group. So this will fill some of that gap, focussing in first on some of my favourite women in this city! Should be lovely...

Anyway now I am rambling and still don't have any photos to share... worked on my monster toy over the weekend and could not get the pattern for his head right at all, so I have put him at the back of a cupboard and he will call out when he is ready to be finished. Have done a load of new clips but can't work out what is the best way to photograph these, so just haven't, at this stage.

Chat soon, and take care xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!