15 June, 2007

no crafting this weekend

On my lunch break from work, so can provide an update...

No crafting this weekend, as we have lovely visitors coming from newcastle, where all of the floods were recently. They are bringing with them their little baby boy, so I have been in a mad frenzy this week, cleaning, clearing spaces and trying to make it child friendly... finding buttons and cotton reels in all sorts of spaces around the house!

I was hoping to make something to give Jye, but sadly, douglas the monkey has some major room for improvements, so my plan to give him away have been ruined (first shot at the newly created pattern, so not beautifully executed). Perhaps I will get a chance to whip something up over the weekend, but I doubt it.

Oooh! Having said that, have just remembered a terrific baby cap pattern I found at economical baby, which I could probably put together and then throw some embellishments on.

I have though made some clips(again, first attempts, so please be gentle!) for a little toddler friend Cate, so will be posting those out in the mail very soon. Had chats with her over the phone the other day and she can now say my name, which is very exciting (apparently they have been practising!).

Anyway, better get this kitchen cleaned before the visitors arrive!

xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!